Table of Contents
- 1. What kind of word is possibility?
- 2. Is a possibility a fact?
- 3. How do you make possibility?
- 4. What does good possibility mean?
- 5. What is a synonym for having a good chance?
- 6. What is the difference between probability and possibility?
- 7. What percentage does probably mean?
- 8. Does possibly mean yes or no?
- 9. Is there any possibility or possibilities?
- 10. Are there any possibility meaning?
- 11. What does the possibilities are endless mean?
- 12. What does endless time mean?
- 13. How do you use endless in a sentence?
- 14. Is endlessly a real word?
- 15. What do you mean by looking fiercely?
- 16. Is it important to tell the truth?
- 17. Why is being truthful important?
- 18. Why is it important to be honest and not lie?
- 19. How can I be truthful?
- 20. Why is being truthful so hard?
- 21. What is the fear of telling the truth called?
What kind of word is possibility?
noun, plural pos·si·bil·i·ties for 2. the state or fact of being possible: the possibility of error. something possible: He had exhausted every possibility but one.
Is a possibility a fact?
According to this tradition, possibilities are not facts or states of affairs (that is, items properly expressed by sentences or propositions) but beings or essences that belong to Nous or Intelligence, the “first emanation of the One.” Aristotle had spoken of potential beings inherent in various matters—for instance.
How do you make possibility?
There are many steps you can take that will help you think in new ways about what is possible:
- Start with yourself.
- Keeping a journal.
- Keeping a dream diary.
- Getting someone to listen to you.
- Setting aside a regular time in the day to focus on creating new possibilities.
- Carrying a notebook or recorder most places you go.
What does good possibility mean?
If there is a strong possibility or chance that something is true or will happen, it is very likely to be true or to happen. COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. You may like this Where is Zhi Lan in wizard101?
What is a synonym for having a good chance?
What is another word for good chance?
|sporting chance||decent chance|
|sporting shot||betting proposition|
|flip of the coin||gambler’s chance|
|good possibility||hazard of the die|
|luck of the draw||matter of chance|
What is the difference between probability and possibility?
“Possibility” means something may happen, but we don’t know how likely. “Probability” means something may happen, but we believe it is more likely (i.e., more “probable”) than not.
What percentage does probably mean?
There is no definitive answer. You can’t say “probably” means 80% chance while “likely” means 70% and “maybe” means 40% or any such. I’d quibble with the definition you quote: People often say “probably” meaning “more likely than not, over 50% chance”, far from “almost certainly”.
Does possibly mean yes or no?
It might take time to decide if she’d like to meet you. Of course, some people say possibly when they mean yes, and some people say possibly when they mean no. But on balance, it probably reflects indecision.
Is there any possibility or possibilities?
The singular noun possibility is appropriate because the question does not mention the possibility that anything else will occur. The only possibility under consideration is the possibility that it will rain today. For that reason, there isn’t any need to use the plural noun possibilities. You may like this Why am I having a hard time making friends?
Are there any possibility meaning?
If you say there is a possibility that something is the case or that something will happen, you mean that it might be the case or it might happen. We were not in the least worried about the possibility that sweets could rot the teeth.
What does the possibilities are endless mean?
If you say that something is endless, you mean that it is very large or lasts for a very long time, and it seems as if it will never stop.
What does endless time mean?
having or seeming to have no end, limit, or conclusion; boundless; infinite; interminable; incessant: an endless series of complaints; Time is endless. made continuous, as by joining the two ends of a single length: an endless chain or belt.
How do you use endless in a sentence?
Use “endless” in a sentence | “endless” sentence examples
- The commentators make endless quips about the female players’ appearance.
- I had endless hours to knit and sew.
- The child’s endless crying has been wearing on my nerves all day.
- All programs have bugs and need endless refinement.
- We’ve had an endless procession of new secretaries through the office since Amy left.
Is endlessly a real word?
end·less. adj. 1. Being or seeming to be without an end or limit; boundless: an endless universe; an endless conversation.
What do you mean by looking fiercely?
fierce, ferocious, barbarous, savage, cruel mean showing fury or malignity in looks or actions. fierce applies to humans and animals that inspire terror because of their wild and menacing aspect or fury in attack. fierce warriors ferocious implies extreme fierceness and unrestrained violence and brutality.
Is it important to tell the truth?
When we tell the truth our relationships grow stronger and richer. When we hold back the truth our relationships suffer including our relationship with ourselves. Telling the truth creates freedom and lightness. Holding back the truth creates excess baggage.
Why is being truthful important?
The Importance of Truth. Truth matters, both to us as individuals and to society as a whole. As individuals, being truthful means that we can grow and mature, learning from our mistakes. For society, truthfulness makes social bonds, and lying and hypocrisy break them.
Why is it important to be honest and not lie?
Honesty cuts through deception and knifes its way through deceit and lies. Honesty leads to a fulfilling, free life. Honesty is not just about telling the truth. It’s about being real with yourself and others about who you are, what you want and what you need to live your most authentic life.
How can I be truthful?
Truth Be Told: 13 Ways to Demonstrate Honesty
- Think before you speak.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Bend over backward to communicate in an open and honest fashion.
- Simplify your statements so that everyone clearly understands your message.
- Tell it like it is rather than sugarcoating it.
- Present both sides of each issue to engender objectivity.
Why is being truthful so hard?
It’s because we’re all viscerally connected to truth on a fundamental, physical and spiritual level. It’s part of who we are and like a virus, we instinctively reject dishonesty. To override this natural impulse by telling lies, we generate immense amounts of resistant and negative energy in our bodies.
What is the fear of telling the truth called?
alethophobia (uncountable) A fear or dislike of the truth; an unwillingness to come to terms with truth or facts.